1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW7 Help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Hardipa, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Hardipa

Hardipa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having read all the reviews it is now time for me to take the plunge and buy the PW7. I would like some advice on attaching the equipment I already have to the PW7.

I'm not interested in buying the analogue board as I will use Sky digital to watch the programmes.

Currently I have a Sky Amstrad DRX100 digital box, Panasonic SC-HT500 DVD home theater sound system and a Philips VR620 HI-FI Video.

Please could someone advise the best way to connect this kit to the PW7 and what are the best cables etc to use.

Many thanks Paul.

2. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    For Sky - JS Technology RGB to VGA converter and into the VGA port on the PW7.
    For DVD (I am almost certain that the HT500 has component output) component into the dual slot component / S-video / composite board into which you can also connect your VCR.

I don't stock the boards but I've got the converter and cables in stock.

3. chienmort

chienmort

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I almost agree but.... If you want to be able to control all aspects of the picture, the VGA input has no colour control ( and I think sharpness control). You may think it better to use an RGBs to Y,Pb,Pr transcoder and either the TY-42TM6Y or TY-42TM6A boards in component mode. These allow controls of all aspects of the picture. The TY-42TM6P has a 15 pin VGA input BUT will also allow component on 15 pins.

Beware however. With all controls it is best to adjust them until the just make a difference and then back them off a small amount.

One thing I will say for the JS box is that it has a built in power supply. I am starting a kick wall warts (wall wart is american slang for the standard AC-DC power supply used by small electrical items now) out campaign.

4. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    The VGA port does allow sharpness control. It doesn't allow colour saturation control bit I would trade that for the sharper PQ compared to the YUV converter (which if using JS Tech is quite a bit more expensive).

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Colour control is best left to the professionals anyway. RGB should be pretty much colour correct, any 'improvement' from users generally screws it up anyway.

6. Hardipa

Hardipa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All, Many thanks for your help,

Regards Paul.