1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW7 help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by scullmeister, Oct 25, 2004.

1. scullmeister

scullmeister
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok here go's

bought pw7
    have a dmr e55 component out
    have a sky +
    have an amp

ok connect e55 to component board pro scan on great :)
    connect sky+ to e55 :lesson: will it send rgb signal
    also how will if fair against the js rgb to vga converter
    is there a bifference between rgb scart board and converter
    biggest thing that sprung to mind lip sync from sky+ when watching a movei(5.1) as the video has to go through the e55 and the audio from the sky+

any ideas :lease:

2. Davej50

Davej50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have exactly the same kit, but rather than sending Sky+ through the E55, I am using the RGB-> VGA converter. I have tried sending Sky+ through the E55 but I found the picture wasn't as sharp. I guess it depends on how fussy you are but my argument was that I'm spending that much on a TV, I want it to be the best it can.

I'm really pleased with the setup that I have, however I don't know if there's any getting around the lip-synching issues. I have it quite a lot, more noticeable on BBC1 than anything which I found surprising. I have set the distance on my speakers to maximum and that seems to have made it a little better but like I said, it doesn't do it all the time anyway. I would imagine (although I'm not an expert!) that sending the Sky+ signal through another unit before getting to the TV may make it worse?

Hope this helps,
    Dave.