PW7 Help please

don-tucker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Right where do I start,the top and bottom of it is I have blown something inside the panel by connecting speakers to the connections on the back of the panel,there was this puff of smoke and I thought that was the end but lucky for me the picture is still great and sound is ok though an amp.What I'm asking is,would it be the panel amp module only thats gone and could I buy a new one and connect it in myself?Although things are OK if ever I came to sell it I'm sure they would like to be able to use the speaker connections.
Hope someone out there can help.
Don

Yes mep,but when I inquired I would have to take it in and be without a telly for god knows how long as I was told if you "buy at internet prices I would get internet service.",and really speaking it wasn't a fault ,I did it.
Don

:D do you know something I don't (apart from all the obvious things :) )

All right I'll come clean,I connected speakers and the amp together,ok untill I used them both together,I know that's stupid but that's what i did.Please be easy on me.
Don

OK you've lost me. Wire from the speaker terminals on the back of the panel to an external amp???

Yes,my idea was to be able to use either as long as I muted the panel speakers,once I had done it I realised how stupid it was.Is it a seperate PCB that can be replaced?or is there more to it?
Don

2 wires out of each panel speaker terminal - 1 pair to speakers, 1 pair to the external amp??

Yep

Aargh!

Bad news - suspect that the amp in the panel is beyond repair, and very lucky that your external amp is still alive.

I wouldn't try a DIY repair. Bite the bullet and when you come to sell be very honest - many buyers won't need the internal amp as they will be using an external one. Just don't try to claim that it is immaculate.

As Piers says, I bet the majority of panel buyers wont need the internal amp. If it's any consolation, I had exactly the same idea as you. It seemed so obvious a solution to a basic problem that I started to doubt myself and never connected it up.

Thanks Piers,this is what I had in mind to do but hoped I could redeem myself a little bit.
Thank you all.
Don

For the benefit of others reading this, it is possible to do this inexpensively by using a speaker switch.( connecting plasma internal audio amp and an external amp to one pair of speakers)
Maplins do a cheap one....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom