1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW7 HDMI and Panasonic SA-XR70

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by calmac, Nov 1, 2004.

1. calmac

calmac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks

I am considering the above arrangement

PW7 with hdmi board

and the Panasonic SA-XR70 - will look at speakers later when budget allows

Questions for the experts

When is the hdmi board available or is it available now

Will the hdmi board accept all the component video standards

The Panasonic SA-XR70 has hdmi in/out, component in/out svideo etc, will it convert all the inputs to a signal that may be transmitted via the hdmi output to the hdmi input on the display

Will this sytem be as future proof as possible given my budget restraints £2.5k apart from the SD display - will look at HD in a couple of yrs

I have at present a freeview box with RGB scart out which will be changed out for a Netgem with component out

I have an xbox modded with component out and optical digital

I will be purchasing an hdmi dvd player at a later date

I cant really be bothered with buying all the input boards for the display (to many cables) and hope I should not have to with the Panasonic SA-XR70

The Panasonic SA-XR70 has a tuner and appears to be a good quality amp / video receiver for the money

I wish to stick with hdmi, as this, we anticipate is the way to go - possible xbox2 with hdmi, pc's etc etc

Any thoughts, comments, restrictions, problems, ideas on the above will off course be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Calmac

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    PW7 HMDI boards will take a few months suggest you wait it out until the Experts have had a chance to get to grips with them Pannies new S-91 DVD player matches amp perfectly but remember first few amps etc will have very limited HDMI input most are one in one out or 2 in on some top end units