• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PW7 dvd/amp advice needed

bluevortex

Established Member
I have just ordered the Panasonic PW7 from AV Sales with BNC video component board. I am looking to arrange a surround sound sytem ideally with component dvd player to use.
Can anyone recommend a good system on a budget of £350 ish to get me started. I know i won't get any where near the best for this price but looking for a few suggestions.

Im using Scart to VGA for Sky also if that helps and possible xbxo through sky aswell.

BLUEVORTEX ;)

bluevortex

Established Member
Was looking for a dvd that has multiregion ability also.
Anybody tried the panasonic SC HT90 (£350)?

feedback would be appreciated as Plasma on the way

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
E55 and Pio402 would get my vote but leaves nothing for speakers.... £200 gets you tannoy FX5.1 from RS but perhaps using any old pair of stereo speakers short term and saving for something like the Canton CD1

bluevortex

Established Member
Was looking in comet this afternoon. They have JVC/Panny/pioneer home cinema systems for say £250 -£350 mark at the 600W spec
Any one rate these systems for that price?

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
bigger brother of the TH-S3 which at £150 (can be found in larger tescos) not bad for a small room vert tight budget..... but better can be done for a little more ££££

bluevortex

Established Member
well unfortunately i just can not go over £350. no way
So i want get the best component dvd with surround sound i can for that.
Multi region would be nice.
Million dollar question -
Which one?????

RuddyRoad

Prominent Member
I'll answer that, and even buy you the DVD player <g> for a million dollars

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom