1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW7 + Dead Pixel, what do i do?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by tattang, Apr 15, 2005.

1. tattang

tattang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi there

First time poster but longtime reader, just want to say thanks to all you guys out there for all the info, its been invaulable!

Purchased a PW7 + Scart + Desktop stand from 123 Electricals on their £1300 deal, absolute bargain me thinks. No complaints on the quality of the screen/image, very happy indeed.

But 3weeks in and i noticed a dead pixel, called 123 straight away and they told me to contact one of the service centres from the Panny website, spent 2 weeks messing around trying to find one that would send an engineer to my house (instead of picking the screen up and keeping it for 2 weeks). Engineers reported back to say the dead pixel is "within Panasonic's tolerence" but did say i should contact 123 as they should replace it with it being such a new screen. So i did just that and 123 are now waiting for the engineers report.

Now i know what 123 are going to say, they are going to tell me its within tolerence and theres nowt they can do, now i know what everyone is going to advise - Demand a new one! Which if it comes to that i will but what i want to know is what arguments do i have to a demand a new one, or is it a case of i basically have to plead with their goodwill?

Please dont take this as a 123 bashing because it isnt, they have been great interms of service so far, but i just dont want to be stuck with virtually brand new screen with a dead pixel. And especially as i know other people on this forum have had their Pannys swapped because they had dead pixels.

Thanks

2. Steve Zodiac

Steve Zodiac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Unless you were told at the time of purchase that you would have to accept a certain number of dead pixels, then you are legally entitled to a replacement screen or your money back as the screen is a recent purchase.

To be a little sympathetic to retailers, I understand (as told by a retailer) that unless the manufacturer accepts that a screen is faulty, then the retailer is stuck with the faulty screen if the retailer does choose to replace it.

If you try to accept and ignore the dead pixel now, it will probably annoy you sometime in the future!