Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PW7 Connection

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Bobby_Dazzler, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Bobby_Dazzler

Bobby_Dazzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

I am going to be purchasing a TH42PW7 soon and will be flush wall mounting.

The question I have is on the best way to connect it for the best picture quality.
    I dont watch many dvd's but do watch a lot of sky + programes.

The equipment I have already is a Sony Dav SA30 5.1 system. This has one scart socket on the back and 2 phono Inputs and 1 phono output. The sky plus box i have has two scart sockets and an s video. I also have a ps2 that i have connected via the sony at the moment via red white and yellow phono " composite" i think?

I also like the idea of plugging my lap top into the vga of the plasma and using a wireless keyboard and mouse so i can surf in the lounge.

If i was to use a JS scart to vga will it really make the picture that much better than a straight foward Scart? or am i better off donating the sony home cinema to my parents and buying the denon sd500?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
  3. Bobby_Dazzler

Bobby_Dazzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm the idea I had in my mind was to flush mount the sony speakers along with the PW7 it would look pleasing to the eye but IF i did go for another home cinema bit of kit would it really make that much difference to the sound? I have to justify spending an extra 500 quid and my other half is the judge! also if I stick with what I have got what do you recomend is the best way to connect?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    hmm
    you need a demo mate............ let your ears decide....