1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW7 - confirmation of setup

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MCCURLEY, Mar 21, 2005.

1. MCCURLEY

MCCURLEY
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been trawling these forums for a while now in hope i could answer this question myself but I would really prefer the opinion of others before I take the plunge and fork out over £1k of my hard earned money.

I am going to buy a panasonic 37" pw7 and wish to hook up a PS2, Sky+ and my dated Sony DAVS500 (dvd home theater system with built in amp).

I was thinking of initially just hooking into a scart terminal board to save on cost.

I have read about the JS converter -> VGA to improve the PQ but this may be a later investment as it would also require another terminal board in addition to the converter itself (is this right?).

So if I hook up the PS2 -> DAVS500

the SKY+ -> DAVS500

then the DAVS500 -> Plasma SCART board

Will this get me a picture and all the different things working properly? I know the picture could vastly improved with a few other pieces of equipment but will this at least get me started?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I am a newbie of the stupidest kind

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    that would work but the js converter doesn't require another terminal as the vga input is standard on the pw7.