1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW7 Best Connection Method?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by evochris, Jan 4, 2005.

1. evochris

evochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have recently received my new 42" pw7 and am "over the moon" with it!! :) However I have been using my Kiss DP500 DivX/DVD player with it connected to a BNC component board. The Kiss has been set to output simple Y/Pb/Pr output via it's scart. All is well but I have noticed the following things...

1. There seems to be a certain amount of "noise" when using the BNC board. Even with no leads connected to the board and the display showing a black screen with "no signal" displayed there is visable noise on the black screen. Is this normal for the panny component boards?? I've compared it to the scart board input and this is fine (shows a solid black screen with no noise).

2. The Kiss DP500 will output RGB, Y/Pb/Pr and also VGA (800x600, 1024x768 etc) all via it's scart. Which is the best method to use with the pw7? I suspect it may be vga where in which case I will need a scart > vga lead. Any ideas where I can get one of these things?

I know there are a lot of questions in this post but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! ;)

2. evochris

evochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone?

3. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    You might want to try Letropaks - they do numerous cables - RGB/YUY to VGA. :clap:
    I'd also suggest upgrading your DVD player - or at least try and audition a pioneer 575 :thumbsup: or Denon 2200 - to see whether your current source is the limiting factor, re screen noise.

4. mcav

mcav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thing is - from what the original post says, when using RGB there is no noise.

I'd imagine that it means using the same player.

5. evochris

evochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The noise is apparent as soon as I switch the input to the BNC component board (slot 2). Even with nothing plugged in to the bnc board. Can someone else with a bnc component board check this. Obviously if it is a fault I need to get it sent back.

If I switch back to the scart board (slot 1) then there is no noise at all on the black background i.e. what is displayed when there is no input signal.

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    try removing ane reseating the board if its not spot on it will give a dithery picture

7. evochris

evochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll give it a try...