PW7 arrived! Screensaver question?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by giantteabag, Oct 19, 2004.

1. giantteabag

giantteabag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's arrived!! Just reading instructions & am getting confused about the screensaver.
    I was advised to use wobble & peak limit yesterday (thanks) but with these set, do I need to set up the other screensaver stuff (function, mode, start & finish time) as well? Hope not.

Please let me know asap..can't wait to plug in!
    Will give update once installed.
    Regards to all.

2. Tony8377

Tony8377

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My understanding of these is that they are more for commercial purposes. i.e. the shop is open from 9-5 but the plasma is never switched off so you may want to run the screensaver from 5pm until 9am or intermittently to stop any permanent image being on too long.

Alternatively you may want to set it up when playing games so that it comes on for 5 minutes every hour thus telling you when to take a break and preventing any fixed image being on the screen for too long.

I have to say I switched off the Peak Limit tool as I didn' think this was necessary in normal viewing and was likely to cause a detrioration in picture quality but am happy to take suggestions.