PW7 and SkyHD - a definitive answer?

S

stumpywalnut

Hi,
Ive searched the forum - and this seems to be a very frequently asked question, and as far as I can see, there is no concrete answer.

Could someone tell all the PW7 owners (including myself) how to connect Sky HD to this panel to achieve the best possible picture quality (without going the scaler route).
The reason I'm asking (again) is that I believed it was 720 via the component board - which I use at the mo.
- I now see comments that 1080 is possible using the component board (??).
I was told that the HDMI board only accepted 576 - this may now not be the case??!!.
I've also seen references to "naughty boxes" - whatever they are!

PLEASE,PLEASE, could someone tell me how to hook this box up to me telly so I, and the Mrs can sleep at night.

Thanks.:boring:

Thanks for the link HD.
However, I was really hoping for a "...just connect the....and run it at...." sort of thing.
All the options are giving me brainache.:suicide:

I think there's a HDCP problem (certainly over HDMI) so I think component is your best bet.

I have a PW7 and Sky HD running via component (via my Denon A1-XV). HD looks great. It's currently set to output at 720p.

Paul.

I have a PW7 and Sky HD running via component (via my Denon A1-XV). HD looks great. It's currently set to output at 720p.

Paul.

Paul can you really see the differnce between normal sky and sky HD on the PW7?

As i PW7 owner myself im interested to know how you getting on.

Thanks - :thumbsup:

Dal

Maw / Horny/ Paul

Have you seen a PW7 with HD? Is it a significant difference?

I currently run one component cable from my amp to the screen and a scart /component convertor for sky +.

Thinking of going down the HD route, can buy an HD box for £165 on a certain auction site, was going to get a new sky + PVR3 anyway.

Cheers

Tam

I have seen several PW7s with Sky HD and the answer is a big yes, you will see a significant increase in the picture quality.

Thanks guys..............think I'll get HD box soon..........saving £10 from the free Sky+ from July...............so may as well spend it on the HD subscription.

Although probably not many HD channels unless I subscribe to the Sport/Movies package!

Will also be able to sell my scart/component conveter and scart cable to offset the cost:)

Cheers Tam

The PW7 WILL support (as you know) 720p and 1080i via the component board, thus it WILL work with Sky HD, just make sure they are still doing component as an output on the Sky box.

By the way, running XBox360 WMA HD movies look great on the PW7

The PW7 WILL support (as you know) 720p and 1080i via the component board, thus it WILL work with Sky HD, just make sure they are still doing component as an output on the Sky box.

By the way, running XBox360 WMA HD movies look great on the PW7

Not sure what you mean........................all Sky HD boxes have component out as far as I am aware.

Not sure what you mean........................all Sky HD boxes have component out as far as I am aware.

Think he means they dont stop you getting HD quality from component. At the moment you can use either component or HDMI to get HD from Sky HD

Dal

The component output will not be available in future SkyHD boxes only HDMI

I'm also thinking of changing my amp when I get Sky HD...............can you go HDMI from Sky HD to amp.....................then component to plasma?

Looking at this amp Sony5200ES.......................not sure:rolleyes:

Cheers, Tam

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom