pw7 and media box

pioneerman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
wall mounted it today finally got everything wired up.i have a thx monster component lead and the picture on progressive looks great and sky looks fine also.picture settings are limited through the media box i cant use the screensaver or im doing something wrong,also with component connected through the media box i cant have two rgbs going through it so i have had to use my old switcher,again i might be doing something wrong.so far very pleased with it the media box gets very warm so i am going to have to move it from on top of my panasonic e50might be a prob.if anyone can shed some light on my findings wouldbe much appreciated.

All those issues are amongst those which cause the 'media box flak' here. Not an AV forums recommended bit of kit. I can't see the need for it in your system.

its only in the short term, also my dvd player only being ntsc progressive the ntsc picture is very good but as soon as i play pal, the screen changes to a blueish affect and the picture not as good im sure its the non pal progressive thats the prob there.thanks for the reply :smashin: maw.

Hi there guys

Although this is a uk based forum, a fair number of people who use this forum do not live in the uk,(I for one live in spain ) and for them an anologue reciever to view TV broadcasts is a necesity, as not every country broadcast the main TV channels through the satelite network like SKY does.

You should count yourselves lucky to a certain extent as the current broadcast set up allows you to view all main terrestrial TV broadcast through satelite reception, and given that option I understand why the preference for display panel with no inbuilt tuners or media boxes which can be cheaper or for the same price give you better picture quality. So basically for some of us a media box is a necesary evil.

I personally ended purchasing a pioneer 435 XDE, which although not the best plasma screen ( its black level is worse than the panasonic and lacks contrast in comparison ) it does most things to acceptable level, at least for me and is fairly simple to set up and get the thing working without the need to purchase input cards or RGB converters.

Regards to everyone who posts on this forum, I have learnt a great deal from the likes of Hornydragon, MAW, Gordon, ETC.

Keep up the good work.

Joe Rubido

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom