1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW7 37inch

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by swellmel, Mar 5, 2005.

1. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    seen this advertised at richer sounds £999.95 i would imagine that does not include any boards,can anyone advise of board prices or do they sell them at richer sounds,best price ive seen is £99 for scart board,thought that if richer sounds do them i would try and get price match.
    I know they dont price match plasma panels but who knows with boards,any help would be appreciated

2. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Hi,

I bought mine from RS a couple of months ago (£200 dearer :nono: ) they were only able to supply me with a scart board for £150, which I then found that I could get cheaper elsewhere :( .

Just ordered a DVI board from www.day3.co.uk there prices are ok and customer services very good

good luck
    lisa
    :)

3. PADME02

PADME02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought my PW7 37inch from Richers last Sunday fo £999.95,they quoted me £150 for a scart board and £150 for a wall bracket,needless to say,I got both elsewhere!Look in the AV Forum classifieds or Ebay for boards,got my scart board for £65 off a forum member,but I've seen them on Ebay too.You might even want to consider getting the JS box and using the VGA input on the PW7,I got one and the pictures great,again if you don't want to buy new(£120)I''ve seen a few in the classified section.Don't think you'll be sorry if you get your PW7 from Richers at £999,in my opinion,it's an absolute steal!

4. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    went into rs today to buy 37in pw7 was nicely suprised how many plasmas they had set up and working after observing all of them i then noticed a little side room with lcd screens on display but right in the middle was the hitachi 32pd5200 pro wow what a picture it also had built in tv tuner and a host of other connections including dvi,i asked the salesman how much it was he said he would go check the web price and offer me a good deal,imagine when he came back with his calculator tapped something stared at it and proclaimed
    "yep you can have it for £1150 one brand new boxed in the back" i took a step back and in a flash slapped my plastic in his hand and said "oh its not what i expected but as i am new to plasma screen go on ill take it i cant be bothered to shop around and save a few quid-laughing to myself inside, five minutes later i was out the door the hitachi was in my car my foot hit the gas and i left them trailing in a cloud of diesel,is that a good buy or what,many thanks rs for making my day and to the salesman hasta la vista baby!

5. Chavvychase

Chavvychase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been thinking of getting a Panny 37" from Richer Sounds. I am still confused though as to what I need to get it up and running, as the 999 price refers to the panel only.
    I have Sky and an RF aerial,

Do I need a Scart box?

They recommend a freeview box as well, but in the area in which I live there is poor reception, so I don't think it would work.

Do I therefore need a tuner to get the RF input to work? The panny tuner is 399. Are cheaper tuners likely to work as well?

Will speakers from my hi fi work as well as the (expensive) panny speakers?

Any advice will be gratefull received (I have also been toying with the idea of getting a Tosh 36" CRT, where at least everything comes as standard).

Chavvy

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    chavvy try a search and the Plasma FAQ at the top of this forum...