1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pw6b and js converter

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by john R1, Dec 12, 2004.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    am thinking of buying a js rgb-vga converter for my pw6b, at the moment am using a scart to scart from telewest digibox, i presume all i need to buy is the converter + scart to vga lead plug it in and select input 3 on the pw6b is this correct, also will there be a remarked improvement in picture quality, will i need to run the audio via the converter or leave it as it is straight from digibox into 3805

2. Urban_Moniker

Urban_Moniker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your existing SCART lead will connect the Digibox to the JS Converter; the converter has a VGA connector to feed to the Panny so the additional lead you require is a VGA-VGA lead.

I can't say what the improvement will be because I've never used a SCART input on the Panny, but everything I've heard points towards a good increase in quality.

Cheers

3. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I have both
    Save your money, there is hardly any difference between them. The JS box doesn't let you view composite or
    s-video signals. I am convinced those who say there is a big quality difference, are viewing composite through their SCART terminal boards and not realising it.
    Comparing composite on SCART terminal with RGB on JS box = big diff
    Comparing RGB on SCART terminal board with RGB on JS box = tiny diff

most people on this forum are more than happy to give opinions on equipment they have never owned, some even think you should spend £100s on power cables and interconnects.

4. banjo21

banjo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    I'm with PJ and have said so many times - so much so I feel guilty about it now :)
    I too have had both and nope I couldn't see a difference. If you have neither scart nor JS box at moment then go with whatever is cheapest - but if you have a scart already then imho use it and enjoy.

5. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    am using qed flat scart at the moment, am quite happy with the pq just wondered if there would be an improvement your comments have saved me about £150 thanks for the replys

6. SMCC

SMCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting reading...
    I have a PW6 with both a scart board and a JS RGB-Component box attached with BNC-VGA lead to VGA input.
    I notice a large difference in picture quality between the two esp. more vibrant colours on VGA input.
    I guess reading PJ and Banjo's comments it could be that my scart lead (IXOS) is the culprit and not in fact the scart terminal board.

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    well it depends on the settings on the panel as well an overly bright image you cant tell the difference really but on a properly calibrated screen you can.......... (depends on your eyes as well tho.............. there are many members who have seen a large difference and a few who havent.....