PW6/PW7 Connection question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by 3ill, Sep 28, 2004.

1. 3ill

3ill
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys, first off, as you can tell I'm new to this forum and to the whole world of AV goodness and this forum is a great resource for people like me.

Anyways, like most of you I've caught the itch to buy a plasma/av receiver/speaker package I’ve got my list down to the following items

Panasonic PW6/PW7
    Sony STR-DB795
    Toshiba SD-340E
    Morduant-Short Genie

Into the AV, I'll be connecting my SKY+ and xbox.

I want to go for a clean install, concealing all wires where possible, so I thought that I would buy the component socket module for the plasma TV so I would have just one cable running from the AV to the plasma.

BUT, the more I read about ppl who have this plasma, they have chosen the JS RGB to VGA converter box to connect the SKY+. Is there a particular reason for this? Will the way I want to configure it (with just the one component cable running from the AV to the Plasma) not give as good a picture?

Should I be looking at different plasma’s in order to accomplish what I am after?

Thoughts/Comments are greatly appreciated by this n00b!

:)

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    to do what you want to do i suggest you look at an AV reciever that has video upscaling built in, this will allow you to run 1 cable (reconmend you run a couple of others for future uses as well HDMI and VGA +S-video)

Also reconmend you consider http://www.progressive-av.com/flat_screens/fujitsu_p42vha30.htm as an alternative to the panny.
    and cosider the denon 2805 reciever which has video upconnversion allowing S-video (sky+) to be fed into amp and output as component to the screen: http://www.creative-audio.co.uk/HCS_DEN2805_KHT2005.htm