1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW6 problem with NTSC

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by silverx, Jul 22, 2004.

1. silverx

silverx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed a problem when viewing ntsc 16:9 anamorphic discs on my pw6: when the screen is displaying a dark picture there is a wavy darker band at the top of 5-10% of the picture. This is only visible in the parts of the picture that are quite dark, lighter areas dont show it. the dark band seems to have a reddish tinge. HIghly irritating!

I assumed this was a fault with my player (arcam diva88) but recently borrowed a yamaha s540 and have found if the tv setting on the player is set to pal then the problem disappears but if set to auto or ntsc then it returns. I had tried similar things with the arcam but could never get it to display an ntsc picture in pal mode. So it appears to be a problem with the panel displaying ntsc anamorphic pictures (never seen it with a 4:3 disc)

Has anyone seen a similar problem with their PW6? Is it a fault? Should i be calling my dealer?!! I would be grateful for any advice you might have.