1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW6 - PA20 and Scart Cables

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by novaya_zemla, Oct 27, 2004.

1. novaya_zemla

novaya_zemla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My PW6 sits on a PA20 stand and I have very little room for a scart cable connection - my old plastic £1.99 lead just fits... I have had to return a Thor cable because the lead comes straight out of the back of the socket and does not 'angle' out. It seems that all the more upmarket cables have quite a large casings around the connectors and this is giving me a few problems.

I have been looking on the tvcables website and was wondering if anyone has tried a ribbon cable with the PA20 stand ie; does it fit?.... failing that, what cable have you managed to fit? QED, Ixos etc..

2. novaya_zemla

novaya_zemla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guess I'm the only scart user then.. :clown:

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Possibly the only PA20 stand and PW6 with scart board.... But silly question which slot is scart in?

4. Shahel

Shahel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im not sure wat you meant i know is a bit hard to get some cables in but i dont have that much problems so i took some pictures so you have an idea wat works

hope these help

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Shahel

Shahel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a QED scart that also fits but currently stuck in the wall in my living room so cant really test atm :)

6. novaya_zemla

novaya_zemla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Shahel that's exactly what I needed to see - I think I will go for the ribbon cable now that i know it fits :smashin:

HD - My scart is in slot one (the same as the photo) slots two and three are free. Should I have fitted it somewhere else?

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    just thought if it was in slot 2 scart would fit better doesnt matter tho thor are good scarts but wont fit in alot of stuff.... i like Porfigold...good value especially at www.tvcables.co.uk

8. novaya_zemla

novaya_zemla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Boy am I pleased with my self now.... :) I orderd three Profigold flat ribbon scarts just before I read your reply... I thought they would be a good compromise.