1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW6 or PW7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bazlion, Dec 25, 2004.

1. bazlion

bazlion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RS have the PW6 for £1299! good deal? I just want a good PQ to mainly view Sky+, I have a decent surround system,no other "boxes", though probably will get a DVD with component as I understand that is the best connection with a Plasma?, any advice folks.

Go gently, I'm not clever with all the jargon!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  3. bazlion

bazlion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HD.

Cheers, but I had already trawled through that thread after doing a search, as I have already mentioned I'm not too clued up, and all I can see is something about a component connection not being on the PW7? So I am none the wiser.

4. JonStatt

JonStatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +446
    There is no evidence to suggest that the picture of the PW7 is markedly better than the PW6. Also the PW7 has been introduced into the market at a lower price to start with which "may" indicate that certain components are cheaper and lower quality.

As you said the PW7 does not have component support on the VGA socket. There are also some unconfirmed rumours that the PW7 has limitations over the PIP and PAP function. The PW7 has extra processing, more resistance to screen-burn and a 10% brighter picture. Trust me, you don't need 10% brighter!

As the PW6 has a good track record, I would personally go for that. However, if you have the "I must have the latest" bug, then go for the PW7!

Jonathan

5. Bearded_Malc

Bearded_Malc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Who is RS? Do you have a URL?

To me RS means radio spares as they used to be called rswww.com but I assume this is a different RS since I can find no plasmas on RS.

Thanks

6. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    £1299 is a good deal if that is all you need, a VGA input panel..... however as you add the extras (which RS might not have or know about) they can soon become expensive £1549 inc mount and input board delivered to your door is a good deal as far as i can see (these dont fit easily in a car)