1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW6 flaking suround

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mark.king, May 12, 2005.

1. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the surround (mine is the charcoal) flaking? I went to dust mine the other day and a patch on the top right corner had bubbled and I could flake off the covering. I haven't cleaned with anything other than a duster. I only bought it in January so still under gaurentee from manafacturer as well as having an extended one. Any thoughts? Anyone seen the same? Cheers

2. sheety

sheety
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had mine the same time as you no bubbling here :thumbsup: does it get direct sunlight ? because that can cause this or has the wife been using anything on it? Oh one more thing keep spray airfresheners away from the plastic this can cause problems too.

3. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well no wife and if my girlfriend came round and cleaned I would probably faint lol. It's strange I haven't used anything on it and it does not get direct sunlight. It's only a small patch so I will leave it for now and see if it gets worse. If it does then I will have to see about getting it repaired changed. That's if anyone will belive me!

4. Brooktop

Brooktop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    My PW6 is in direct sunlight (behind it) during the day. Can't believe I have to live like a vampire just to keep the thing in one piece. I'm sure that would qualify as 'unfit for purpose' and you'd be entitled to a refund/replacement.