1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW6 & E55

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gstadt, Nov 19, 2004.

1. gstadt

gstadt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Does anyone else find the picture a bit soft through the E55 to the PW6? I have run it into the VGA port using Van Damm BNC-Component cables. I must admit I was ecstatic when I intially set it up but have this nagging doubt that it looks softer than my Dav sc5 into a 28" CRT (or maybe I've raised the bar so much now that I need to get ever sharper pictures through spending copius amounts of cash on upgrading everything :rolleyes: )

Also, can anyone tell me the bitsize and frequency of the D/A convertor in the E55 as I suspect that if I want to get a better DVD picture i.e. pin sharp, I may need to find a DVD player with a far better chipset for deinterlacing etc as the E55 progressive scan is no better that the internal one done by the PW6.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Your picture problem is universal, the E55 is a fine bit of budget kit, don't expect miracles! Try a mid/high end prog scan player, you will be amazed at the difference. I love the E55 for it's features, and it's a great little box to have in any system, you have just hit on it's 'weak point', it lacks the fine edge of picture delivery to match such a big display.

3. gstadt

gstadt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    MAW,

I know its the wrong forum :devil: but what would you consider as a suitable mid-range DVD player - Pioner 575; Denon 1910; Denon 2910??

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Any of those you'd see the difference. Chuck in the new Onkyo 502 as well.