1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW6 digital picture breakdown

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MPBayless, Nov 10, 2004.

1. MPBayless

MPBayless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought PW6 couple weeks ago and occasional I notice a breakdown of the picture on sky. This only appears on moving parts of picture.

I have the sky connected via Thor Scart cable to JS RGB Converter box which connects via 6m VDC VGA Cable.

Also, sonmetimes have problem when scrolling through sky channels that the screen goes black. When I press sky services the picture returns

Any ideas from Forum members before I contact AV-Sales ?

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    pressing the TV button on your sky remote turns off RGB, and the screen goes black
    pressing the SKY button on your sky remote turns on RGB, and the picture comes back

easy when you know why!
    (don't ask me why sky would arrange for their remote to do such a stupid thing)

3. spook

spook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    PJ, I noticed this too, annoying eh?, I even bought a QED "RGB only" scart cable because the composite PQ was so awfull :laugh:

Spook

4. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    It makes sense if you've got, for example, a TV with an integrated digital tuner. You press TV to watch, erm, TV, and Sky to watch Sky - it's using pin 8 (i think) switching in the Scart to get your TV to switch inputs. You could always snip pin 8 if it's bothering you.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Back to the 1st part of the question, sounds like you have a dodgy conncetion or misdirected dish, this digital blocking has nothing to do with the plasma, save yourself from being an idiot, re-make the sky connections, make sure your dish is pointing at the satellite etc.

6. MPBayless

MPBayless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought it might be dish but never had problem prior to installation of plasma/JS RGB Converter. Its not a problem with the sighting of the dish as it only heppens for a couple of seconds once or twice an evening.

I just thought it may have always been there and just more obvious now. i also didn't notice it while I had my Hitachi plasma for the first 9 months of this year