1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pw6 delivery

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sacd, Oct 24, 2004.

1. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    On tuesday I am having a pw6 delivered from av-sales.
    Although i am very nery confident with the after sales from av sales, do any of you have any advice concerning what to check before i sign for the goods?

2. AmTechFox

AmTechFox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sacd, do you mean you'll open the box and test the screen before signing? will the delivery guy let you do that? :eek:

I am also thinking of buying from avsales.

:confused:

3. Tony8377

Tony8377

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The delivery guy wouldn't let me sign it as unchecked, but they just require you to have a quick check that the screen isn't scratched, cracked etc. AV Sales are excellent so I wouldn't worry too much.

4. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm not worried about av-sales. It's just that I have to be away from the house for 1 hour to do a funeral (i'm a vicar) so my wife will be the only one in. It would be just my luck that it will be then when the plasma arrives and my wife will not have any clue what to check etc.
    I will have to ring av-sales and tell them. Hopefully I can make it so the delivery is not then. Or perhaps my wife can give the delivery man a coffee while i'm out!!

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    There will be no trouble, just sign for it. You can tell straight away if it's been badly handled, with tilt and shock indicators. You don't have to worry too much about the tilt, it's the shock one to check 1st. It's a common misconception that you can't let a plasma get out of the vertical. They should not be transported flat because it might stress the glass, but lying it down is no problem at all as long as there isn't an earthquake! Sign, then check it when you get home. Try to open the box correctly too, take out the plastic widgets at the bottom, don't split it at the top! The whole box top lifts off that way, followed by an avalanche of polystyrene blocks. You can re-assemble this lot for moving house etc. Your chances of damage on delivery are about 1 in 500 in my experience.

6. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks MAW. My wife can't check the plasma because she has poor vision (one if the reasons for the purchase) but I have just called av-sales who have said that she can sign it as 'unchecked' and I can check it later.

7. Johnnypanic

Johnnypanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Having mine delivered tomorrow also. Also from av-sales.

This thread has helped me calm down a bit :thumbsup:

Johnnypanic