1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pw6 clicking! Help!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by tim k, Dec 29, 2004.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Received my panny 6 a couple of weeks back, but im noticing a strange clicking sound from what seems to be the frame, its a kind of creeking sound as if the plastic is expanding, it happens erratically around every 30 seconds, then dies down, and comes back, very strange. Is this normal?? I did notice my old crt making the same sounds once in a while, its the same sound as if you applied a small amount of pressure downwards on the tv. I bought it from AV sales, not sure if it will need a replacement if this is not common.
  2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Jan 20, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    The Borders
    tim k

Most Displays make a single 'click' on the way up to operating temperature and then again on the way back down when you switch it off again.

Constant clicks is not normal - you way want to take a screw driver to all the screws (about 30 of them) that hold the back panel (the radiator) of your PW6 to its chassis frame.

You have a Chassis, a Bezel and the back Radiator (your Display has no cooling fans) - they all expand/contract at different rates so if the screws are not tight and or something's not 'sitting' correctly you can get constant clicks.

Best regards

PS Un-plug the mains power cord before you go near it with a screw driver!