1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW6 BNC Component board + RCA adapter = interference :(

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by noikz, Jan 14, 2005.

1. noikz

noikz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I bought some of these to convert the RCA from my consoles to the BNC terminal board on my PWD6. At first it seemed ok but I have noticed some feint lines running horizontally across the picture. I've read briefly that using these converters can cause an impedance mismatch. Are there any superior adapters I could try? The adapters from TVcables don't mention ohm rating at all.

The other possibility was to purchase the TU-PT600B tuner box with RCA in (no-one has any stock of the RCA terminal boards) and then sell my BNC and Scart boards (I use the DSUB for SKY+/DVD). The question here is: I've read that to use the tuner box you cannot use any of the other terminal board slots which is fine. Can you still use the built in DSUB connection when using the tuner box?

Thanks in advance.

2. noikz

noikz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    :(

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    get some RCA>BNC cables either off the shelf or custom, the adapters are basic and not really very good but do give you a picture

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I wouldn't mind taking a bet that the fault is not in the adaptors. More likely to be in the cable.