1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pw6 and pw7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by THEROCK, Jan 29, 2005.

1. THEROCK

THEROCK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,
    i'm now looking at buying a new screen and think im going to go for a panasonic (due to the high amount of happy viewers on this forum), so i was looking at the pw6 and pw7 but have a couple of questions if somebody would be so kind to clear up.
    1. which is considered better pw6 or pw7 (small price difference).
    2. ive seen a lot of screens in adverts as pwd7 (for example) what is the difference between pw and pwd ??
    3.i want to connect a dvd recorder and sky digital to the screen, what is the best way to do this, ie which terminal boards should i go for (seen loads for sale including component/composite/svhs board included).

cheers inadvance for any replies.

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    I went for the pw7 (to be honest largely because Mrs MEP wanted silver screen) and the main difference (bewteen the 6) seems to be that you cant convert component to vga on the pw7...but thats not a prob for me. I think the D denotes a commercial / business level panel and I here I think the difference is more pic in pic capabilities.
    I also have sky+ and dvd recorder and run sky into the dvd recorder by scart (dmr e55) which gives component ps out, so i then run component from dvd to the pw7 component input board and that is all i need. Also have a yammy amp and canton cd-1 for audio.

3. THEROCK

THEROCK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that, its narrowed it down for me.

with your set up you are unable to use pic in pic because its only on one input, is this correct.

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    to be honest I haven't tried but you must be right because the dvd will always override sky

5. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes that's correct, you need more than one input on the plasma to use PIP.

Also, you can't combine the VGA input with component for PIP (or the Tuner board), for some reason those combinations are prohibited in the manual. :censored:

That suggests you really need a SCART board for PIP as you could use VGA with SCART or Component with SCART. Not sure about the "double header" Component/SVid/Composite dual slot board, but I imagine PIP would work with that too.

6. tamthetim

tamthetim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I use the VGA port and component board.............can't use PIP though...................................need scart board before you can do that.

cheers,tam

7. 406lx

406lx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Scart board supposed to be not to good though for the PW series, I wonder if there is someway of allowing PiP with component and VGA, even though the manual says no.

Is this the case on the PWD7, as this is supposed to have more PiP options?

:zonked: