1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW6 and JS RGB-VGA/Multi Scart

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ex_directory, Jan 20, 2005.

1. ex_directory

ex_directory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Guys,
    Specific question regarding the JS RGB to VGA and PW6. Has anyone any experience with adding JS's Master scart controller to the above to get 2 scarts through the VGA? Master scart controller is £49, scart board on PW6 is +£120.

Like several others am trying to make decision on which plasma to buy, started with Hit 5200 and was not pleased with PQ when demo'd in Hughes TV, thought Pioneer then thought wallet, decided PW6 had to be demo'd (going to RS this afternoon as it is 200yds from where I work) but now current NEC thread has got me thinking again with all those lovely built in connections and HD compatibility (if not resolution to see it perfectly)!!!

Thanks to everyone for helping me learn! :lesson:

Ex

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +617
    My NEC will be here today (42XM3) I will demo it against my Panasonic (PW6) and give initial impressions.
    You will soon know if I don't like it as as much as the Panasonic as it will be in the classifieds. :)

What you want to do with the scart controller should be fine.

3. ex_directory

ex_directory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Am keeping a close eye on that NEC thread!

Have always been a 'purist' when it comes to connecting things, like to avoid going via other things due to some loss of quality for each extra connection.

Although likely to be fine, would I lose out on the PQ benefits of having the RGB-VGA convertor in the first place?

If only JS did a single unit with a couple of scart ins + component in that outputs to the plasma VGA, assuming it was top quality all problems would be solved!! Well, some of them anyway.

Ex

4. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +617
    I agree, JS could sell a decent quality video switcher/transcoder very, very well.

I bought a Zektor component switcher and will buy a Zektor DVI switcher when the time comes I guess, but it would be nice to have a 440mm unit that has say 4 component inputs, a couple of scarts and outputs as vga and/or component, would need to do digital optical and analogue too, but if it did it would be in my rack.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Sounds like a Iscan HD to me mate or any other good quality scaler (normally 2 component inputs tho)

6. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +617
    Oh yeah, adding a scaler will help, and I am trying to convince myself that I don't want a crystalio at the moment.

But having my Zektor is superb, I have going into it, sky, Gamecube, DVD, and Xbox, and it has two outputs one with audio that runs to the amp and plasma and another that has a buffered output to got to projector.
    It also learns any remote key, so when I press DVD on my amp remote it switches to the correct input, then press tv and it switches again.
    The whole thing is completly seemless, I have one remote for the amp and the sky remote, my daughter can use it, my wife can use it and it is so simple (don't even change channel on the screen) there is even a comms port that you could plug it into the plasma so when you turn the meridian on the screen comes on too, and when you choose cd it puts the display into standby etc.

Now if JS did a switcher like this that also trancoded it would be wonderful.