PW6 and iPlayer

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by gfc, Dec 19, 2004.

1. gfc

gfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking to buy the Panny PW6 and currently have a Netgem iPlayer and Wharfedale 750 DVD (i know!!) which i'll be connecting up but maybe looking at better DVD, Sky + and also xbox in the near future.

From what i can see looking through the "destructions" for each and info i've gathered so far, they both have RGB Comp out via Scart. Would i be right in trying to connect to a Comp board and JS Comp\VGA Conv to the VGA using correct cables etc or would there be an easier or better (picture) way?

Also think i remember seeing something of a problem with connecting an iPlayer to Plasma but unable to find the thread.

TIA

2. gfc

gfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: any takers

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    If you are looking at one of those £1300 pW6 deals then yes, you can just daisy chain your scart devices, into a VGA converter, and VGA cable into the screen. Excellent picture like this, and very economic too. Netgem can also output proper YUV component with an appropriate lead, so in future you can upgrade the DVD, get a component switching amp, and use it as a video 'hub', connecting once more to the VGA port, which can be set in the menu to accept a YUV signal.