1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW6 and how to connect everything

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by kayemd, Mar 20, 2005.

1. kayemd

kayemd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Well I think I have decided to go and buy the PW6 forom RS but have a few questions on how I can hook all my kit up to it. I feel I have learnt loads just from reading this forum but still have a lot to learn!!

I know I can get a JS Scart to VGA converter but I want to know if I can use my surround sound amp to go through and then connect this to the VGA connection on the PW6.

I have a Sony HT-DDW840 surround sound amp. looking at it, it has Video in and 2 Audio in's for each item (DVD, Video2, Video2 etc) and then it has a 'Monitor' Video Out - I guess this is the bit that I need to conect to the Plasma but its just a single connector not a scart so how would this go to the VGA connector?

It does also have, in a section marked 'Digital', an Optical Video 2 in? and a DVD in Coaxial?

I really need to know if i can route my kit (Sky +, DVD, and console) through this to the VGA connector on the PW6.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    that sounds like just a composite out from your amp....you would be better going sky+ to vga via the js converter, you could run the console through tehvcr scart on sky+, but would recommend component board for the dvd player assuming it can output component.....the other optical and digital inputs sound like audio only..

3. kayemd

kayemd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just done a few tests using my existing TV and I can run the DVD and console through the Amp no problem using the component connections.

As for SKY + I think you are right, I will get the JS converter.

So to connect the Amp to the Plasma I need a Component board? Its just a single Video out cable so I guess I would not use the Audio ins on the component board?

Shame really would have liked to get it all running through my amp! Just can't see a way of connecting the sky+ video to the amp (sound is coming from the optical connection). And then of course how would the amp connect to the VGA connection on the PW6.

So I guess I need:
    PW6
    JS Converter for Sky +
    Component board for comnnecting the Amp.

Seem OK - thanks mep