Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PW6 /7 What boards??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Yorkieblade, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Yorkieblade

Yorkieblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After a lot of very good advice but for a non tech head sometimes very confusing,I have decided to prob go for a panny pw6 or pw7 . I have already stated in another thread I want to connect the following:-

Sky
    DVD
    PC
    PS2
    Amp 5:1 Kenwood KRF- V5050D - still had no info how I connect this yet!!! if anyone has any ideas please.

Firstly i realise there are a lot of very clued up people here who I thank for there support and advice, but sometimes I am totally lost with these panels and what panels require what.

What panels come with the panny pw6/7??

Is there a cheaper way of connecting than buying rgb>vga boxes and dual componant cards ?

Can I just not connect up to rgb (scart) for the amp,DVD + Sky and then pc into vga and then ps2 into s video??

And do all the above inputs ie 3 x RGB (scart), 1 x s- video + 1 x vga all come standard with the pw6/7?? or DO i need to purchase extra boards.

I understand component connections are better, but will I see the differance ? I am open here to be told differant by the experts.

I am sorry I am old school but I can't seem to get my head around all the differant terminology associated with plasma tv.

please help.!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

I would welcome comments from people who have got a similar setup to what I want and that it is all working fine.

Thanks
    Yorkie

2. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    In the same boat as you mate, but I do know you need to purchase extra input boards when you get the Plasma display otherwise it just ends up being a computer monitor....
    see the Av sales website for more info.

3. David

David
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Likewise :blush:

My PW7 arrives today. I've ordered the scart board with it (which comes with one scart in socket) and a Quintro box (active hub) which will connect my DVD, freeview box and S-VHS VCR all via scart. From reading other posts I know that there are better connections. What I can't determine at the moment is whether I will notice enough difference at this stage to warrant the extra cost. I also don't know whether the JS rgb>vga converter has enough scart inputs of mixed s-video/rgb type to accommodate all my equipment. For the moment I'll probably just stick with the choice I've made because there seems to be all kinds of connection options (of different quality) further down the road.

4. Fedorov

Fedorov
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1