1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW6/7 vrs 42 Viera

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Venger, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Venger

Venger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know there was a massive thread about this and HDMI compatitbility and future proofing etc. It's all food for thought and I've now discounted the Sony MRX1 that I was looking at and have decided to go for one of these.

I will be buying in a new Sony DAV-LF1 or DAV-SR4 all in one home cinema system from a contact I have at Sony. So efectively I'm starting from scratch.

* I will be running X -box/ Sky + / DVD.
    * The display will be wall mounted on a chimney breast in the middle of the living room.
    * Aesthetics are pretty important and I need to consider being able to hide/contain as much as possible the wires running from the plasma as they will be very visible.
    * I'm not the most technically minded person and need the system to relatively simple to operate and as for the other half... don't go there.
    * I'm obviously very concerned about pic quality but from what I can ascertain from what people say on here there pretty much the same display's in terms of performance but not in terms of future proofing.

Any input would be happily received. Thoughts?

2. grahamtriggs

grahamtriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    My simple take is if you don't *need* a Viera, don't buy a Viera. In terms of what you specify, I don't see what a Viera would gain for you - and there is no point paying a large premium for features that you won't be using.