1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW5 - progressive/interlaced colour settings

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by IanThornton, Oct 13, 2004.

1. IanThornton

IanThornton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is a long shot but I'll ask it anyway ...

I have a Panasonic PW5 screen. I've just bought a JS Tech RGB->Component converter box for Sky+ output. I'm feeding this into my Yamaha 1400 amp along with the component output from my DVD player (the convenience of being able to switch two component inputs v. appealing).

However, I've noticed the otherwise-excellent output from the JS Tech box has a very slight red cast to it (very obvious if I compare it to a direct S-Video feed from Sky+). This is easily corrected by tweaking the Hue picture setting on the PW5 but this obviously messes up the DVD picture also going into the Component input from the 1400.

Are there any magic/hidden menus that allow me to set different colour profiles for progressive (DVD) and interlaced (Sky+) component inputs on the PW5?

Thanks in advance,

Ian.

2. spinner

spinner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    maybe its the amp that is causing the problem,have you tried running the signal direct to plasma inputs....?

3. IanThornton

IanThornton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have tried that, it's definitely not the amp adding the red cast.

Ian.

4. IanThornton

IanThornton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK ... problem solved. I realised my DVD player has a Hue control so I've just compensated for the now blue/green DVD picture directly in the player. Sorted :D

Ian.