Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

pw5 pc switcher box

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by jhanna, Feb 12, 2003.

1. jhanna

jhanna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have today purchased pw5 42 sound peace of kit.

connecting through js component box to vga pc in i did not get rca board with my panny only the tuner teminal board.

i would like to no if you can get a switcher box vga without loss off quality to imput pc and dvd and sky to swap beetween both.

also if i get scart rgb to componet r g b h v/snc will this work on my new rca board when it arrives this will save me getting a switcher box

2. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Sorry m8, but this is a very confusing post :confused:

Can you explain again what you are trying to do?

I am really puzzled with regards to "connecting through js component box to vga pc in" - you would not use the JS RGB2YUV box to connect to the VGA input - for that you would need the RGB2VGA box.

I think you will find that having the tuner connected to the tuner terminal board will disable the VGA input.

Rob.

3. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Something like an iScan Ultra will switch these three inputs into single VGA socket, via a remote control; and will progressive scan DVD and Sky resulting in a much better picture.

This card will give you some other inputs: RGBHV or component and s-video and composite. And you will still be able to use VGA.

If you do not want to compromise quality you will have to get a switcher.

Otherwise, you could connect: PC to VGA; DVD player to RGBHV / component (depending on output from your player); and Sky to S-Video (although you may have to get an RGB scart to S-video converter).

StooMonster