1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW2200 - Got One

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by pstables, Sep 30, 2003.

1. pstables

pstables
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Phoned Richer in Preston yesterday, they had a PW2200 in stock with a list price of £349. I told them about other people getting them for £260 and they told m to bring some evidence so I printed out Mr Cheese's (thanks Mr Cheese) post and took it along. I returned home with a brand new boxed PW2200 for the princely sum of £260. A bit of a bargain methinks.

Tried it last night and it's bloody loud. Unfortunatley I *have* to put it in the corner and due to it's rear port (which large animals could nest in!) it's a bit boomy. I was wondering if a piece of carpet between the rear port and the rear wall will help?

I'll give it a go tonight and see what happens. Oh, it's big and heavy. I'm replacing a Celestion S1i with this and even though it's *only* 5cm wider, 4cm taller and 10cm deeper it looks huge. Even so, it took SWMBO 3 hours to spot it had changed so it's not all bad :D

It was a toss up between this and a BK XLS-200. This seems like more sub for less money but it is big. Unless I can sort out the rear port boominess in my room location it may have to go back.

Cheers
    Paul

2. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Which store did you get it from? I just tried my local RS (Coventry) and they told me unless I brought in an advert with the £260 on they would not be able to match.

Bummer. :confused: I think it might be too large anyway.

3. pstables

pstables
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Preston.
    I saw the Manager's computer screen and it showed a "profit" of £100 for this item so they still made £10 off me :)

4. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have just seen the Preston Bit on your origional mail, thanks for the reply.