PVR9200T - EPG fault and recording fails

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Richard Fusniak, Sep 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Richard Fusniak

Richard Fusniak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A strange fault has recently developed. The EPG won't register on ITV2 (Missing EPG data also on Ch10, 25 and 34) and when viewing this channel, it takes 12 seconds before the audio comes on. In this condition, the program records video only but not the audio under any circumstances.

Now the fault has escalated and no channels are recording at all. The EPG still loads for most other channels though.

Any ideas folks?

PVR9200T Rev 1.0
    Software PGXTF 1.00.08
    System I.D. 3020.0000
    Update date 09 Aug 2006
    Slot Empty

Richard

2. oilman

oilman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

There have been a lot of changes recently on Freeview - changing channels, LCNs etc. All the problems you mention come from that.

You need do a full reset of the humax and re-scan completely. This should sort it!

3. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +999
    There is also newer software for your model at humaxdigital.com

4. Paul Shirley

Paul Shirley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Or you can delete ITV2&ITV3 from the channel list and rescan (just the single multiplex will do if you know it).

Had to do this on my DEC2000 and 9200, the iPlayer and PC software for both TV cards didn't have a problem.

5. mikim

mikim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    I had exactly the same problem... audio issues etc with ITV 2 & 3 (I think it was). I re-scanned to load up ch+4 and to try to resolve this issue... There was no improvement to the ITV channels, so I now use ch 800 & 801 which are also ITV 2 & 3. I had to change my favorites to select these instead. :thumbsup: They seem to work fine.

6. Paul Shirley

Paul Shirley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    You need to actually delete the channels (either a full reset or explicitly delete them) for the 9200 to notice the changes. After a rescan the box thinks the channels haven't changed because most of the streams are the same.

7. Richard Fusniak

Richard Fusniak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul,

I've just received this reply from support group at Humax and presume this procedure is what you meant by a 'full reset' ?

"In order to solve the problem you are currently experiencing, you will have to perform a default setting: Access your MENU > INSTALLATION > DEFAULT SETTING > YES (your password is “0000” when required). This will reset your box and rescan the channels, once this is finished, make sure to SAVE the results, and this will solve your problem."

Does this procedure wipe out existing recorded TV programs, i.e. does it re-format the drive? Or will my stored programs remain intact?

Cheers,
    Richard

8. Paul Shirley

Paul Shirley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Doesn't touch the disk but it will delete any timers you have set, trash your favourites list, timer padding settings and so on. Not too hard to reset them, its just not needed for this particular problem.