PVR3 - How can I tell before I let them in ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Pmc001, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Pmc001

Pmc001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Been thinking of getting SKY+ for a bit, but held off with the rumors of the PVR3 box !!! Now they do seem to be in distribution, I can try an argue the toss with Sky to get one bt on the day is there anyway I can tell from the box it comes in its a PVR3 ??

If its not then I don't want it, so I want to send them on there way !!!!

Can anybody help ?

Cheers

PMC :smashin:

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    ok, your words are a bit mangled there, im assuming you want the PVR3?

if you order now you will get it, Sky advertising states 40hr recording which is the PVR3, the previous models have 20hr....however i think they now have more than just PACE ones available....so when the engineer calls in the morning to say what time he is coming to install, ask him if he has any PACE boxes and can he keep one for you.......

so if for some reason the guy turns up and it isnt a PVR3 with 40 hours of recording (Pace or Amstrad etc) then you tell him where to stick it, phone up Sky, tell them he tried to fob you off with it and you want a Sky Engineer not a sub contractor to fit it next time to make sure you dont get ripped off.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Not quite as easy as that. If the installer comes to fit the box, and you don't want it, your options are either to accept or cancel. If you cancel, then you won't get a box at all. Sky do not say anything about what sort of box you'll get (unless it's a Sky+160), or whether it's going to be installed by a Sky employee or a subee. Your only cancellation rights are there under the Distance Selling regulations.

4. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    not sure if you mean its not as simple to me Nick or the OP..lol..

to clarify what i meant in case....

If you ordered Sky+ after September 1st this year, you are guaranteed the 40 hour recording box......you are not guaranteed who it is made by though. You can request a Pace one when the engineer calls you in the morning to let you know what time he is coming, but he doesnt have to give you one, he can give you a Thompson or Amstrad (are they both making them as well now? i cant remember, just saying both to cover my bases..lol). You can refuse to let him install and cancel....then try again.....and again...lol

The reason you are guaranteed a 40hr recording box is because it is what they advertise on their site and in their mailshots etc.....it would be breaking the law to give you less...it is not an omission or error scenario as that would mean them having to change their site to state 'you may get 20hr or 40hr depending on how we feel'.
    (i work in advertising so i know this is the case)

I'm glad i had no problems, the guy turned up with 2 Pace PVR3's in nice shiny packaging...lol..and i ordered the day before they changed the website!....they work lovely, altho because one is in my bedroom and i have incredible hearing i can hear the HD recording programs at 1am when im in bed, lights off and no other sound..lol...but only barely...(i live in a very very quiet area too, so no noise outside house either)....during daytime its impossible to hear it :)

5. matt80

matt80
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry for being dim, but what is PVR3?
    I'm about to get sky and would like to know what im asking for when i ask for this :)

6. Ade848

Ade848

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When the guy called to arrange my installation the night before he told me he only had Amstrad boxes on his van... I told him I would like a Pace and if not I would rearrange installation when he could get one...turned up with a Pace box though.. :thumbsup: