PVR with PC output - Humax 9150/9300?

andy21

Standard Member
I have a Wharfdale PVR that needs replacing. The last 8 months it’s been like a woman. Tempermental. Good in theory but a right pain when you’ve known them for a while.
When it’s finished with it’s going in the bin. But not before I have given it a good thrashing with my foot. Or a hammer.
It doesn’t record sometimes even when it’s set up to. It doesn’t record many times when it’s on standby, so it needs to be on constantly. It cuts some recordings short. It doesn’t always respond instantly to the remote etc etc.

What it doesn’t have which I would like is an output to a PC, so I can watch programs on a laptop when I am away from home. I see the HUMAX 9150/9300 both have good reviews – do they both have the facility to do this?
And what’s the differences between the two (except storage size)?

Also, any other PVR’s to recommend? As long as it has a PC output and is 160Gb+ I’m happy. Oh, and it has to be reliable…

Thanks…

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
I have a Wharfdale PVR that needs replacing. The last 8 months it’s been like a woman. Tempermental. Good in theory but a right pain when you’ve known them for a while.
When it’s finished with it’s going in the bin. But not before I have given it a good thrashing with my foot. Or a hammer.
It doesn’t record sometimes even when it’s set up to. It doesn’t record many times when it’s on standby, so it needs to be on constantly. It cuts some recordings short. It doesn’t always respond instantly to the remote etc etc.

What it doesn’t have which I would like is an output to a PC, so I can watch programs on a laptop when I am away from home. I see the HUMAX 9150/9300 both have good reviews – do they both have the facility to do this?
And what’s the differences between the two (except storage size)?

Also, any other PVR’s to recommend? As long as it has a PC output and is 160Gb+ I’m happy. Oh, and it has to be reliable…

Thanks…

There is two ways you can do this

First get a pc that has analogue video and audio in, you can then connect the composite video and analogue outputs of the hummy to the pc.

Alternatively buy a usb capture device for your pc, this will give you the same as above. Some usb freeview tuners have video and audio in capabilities

EasyCAP USB 2.0 for Video DVD TV Audio Adapter Capture on eBay, also Graphics, Video TV Cards, For Desktops, PC Components, Computers Networking (end time 18-Feb-09 16:19:58 GMT)

ched

andy21: a Humax 9200T has the ability to Copy recordings to computer via a usb cable and software that comes with it. I have just received one from humaxdirect it was about £131 delivered with a 320Gb hard drive, it is 'Graded' so only a 1 year guarantee. I have only just set it up so cant really comment on how easy it is to copy but have a look at this forum for 9200's and I am guessing you will find users experiences.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
andy21: a Humax 9200T has the ability to Copy recordings to computer via a usb cable and software that comes with it. I have just received one from humaxdirect it was about £131 delivered with a 320Gb hard drive, it is 'Graded' so only a 1 year guarantee. I have only just set it up so cant really comment on how easy it is to copy but have a look at this forum for 9200's and I am guessing you will find users experiences.

The 9200 usb transfer is very unreliable and choosy about usb chip sets. If you want to transfer over usb get a Toppy 5800 which works reliabily using usb.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom