• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PVR with Now/Next info for all channels without changing?

B

bonaldi

Hi all,

I'm replacing my aged Nokia freeview tuner with a PVR, and have just realised that not every box allows you to see overlaid now/next information for channels other than the one you're watching. I might be odd here, but I usually surf through the now/next info while watching a programme just to see what else is out there.

I don't want to have to drop into an EPG just to do this! Does anyone know of good PVRs that are up to the task? I know the Humax 9K doesn't -- unless there's been a firmware update that I have missed.

Thanks for any help.

nvingo

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

I'm replacing my aged Nokia freeview tuner with a PVR, and have just realised that not every box allows you to see overlaid now/next information for channels other than the one you're watching. I might be odd here, but I usually surf through the now/next info while watching a programme just to see what else is out there.

I don't want to have to drop into an EPG just to do this! Does anyone know of good PVRs that are up to the task? I know the Humax 9K doesn't -- unless there's been a firmware update that I have missed.

Thanks for any help.
The Humax PVR9200 does very nicely if you use the channel list (which is translucent overlay) as you scroll up and down it displays the title of the programme currently on the highlighted channel, OK not next, and not with synopsis.

However you CAN browse the FULL EPG with the currently watched channel PIP; only covered when you choose to display the synopsis for the highlighted programme. IMO that's better than now/next.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom