PVR with integrated DVD recorder?

geoffcox

Standard Member
Hello

I have been reading some quite negative reviews of PVRs with integrated DVD recorders - eg the transfer to DVD is done in real time etc.

Can anyone point me at a well regared box?!

Cheers

Geoff

Gavtech

Administrator
Hello

I have been reading some quite negative reviews of PVRs with integrated DVD recorders - eg the transfer to DVD is done in real time etc.

Can anyone point me at a well regared box?!

Cheers

Geoff

Hello Geoff.

All the recorders made by Panasonic are well regarded and will permit recordings to be transferred at high speed.
But a bit more about your general needs and use requirements are needed to direct you to the box most suitable for you.

There are implications and reasons for why this is changing [ High speed / real time copying ] ... most of them good.
You will get an insight into the issues by reading about how the new High definition recorders handle this. Please see this sticky.

For future reference, at the forum we class any device which has a DVD recording drive included as a DVDR, whether or not they include a hard drive [ which virtually all do now ].

We use the term PVR solely to define Hard drive based recorders which usually have twin tuners and are technically a very different class of machine as they do not possess encoders which are present in all DVDR's.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom