PVR with decent video output

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by saint_ade, Apr 21, 2007.

Tags:
  1. saint_ade

saint_ade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I used to have a Sky+ box in a second room but recently canceled the full subscription. I used it as a non-subscription box for a while but then the box wouldn't read the viewing card and Sky said I needed a new box, which I don't want to buy (I've had 5 Sky+ boxes - all went wrong).
    I still have the twin satellite cables so I want to get a PVR that I can receive Sky's free-to-air stuff on. However, I have a projector so I'd like one with either SVideo or component outputs...scart is no good.

Can anyone please recommend a PVR that I can just use my Sky viewing card in for free-to-air recording coz I can't find one anywhere. I'm not interested in freeview coz I don't have a terrestrial aerial.

2. DickieMoules

DickieMoules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    As far as I'm aware, but I may be wrong, There is no way of having a pvr that works with Sky, even just their free to air channels.

You have to have a sky+ subscription.

Your other option is to have a dvd with Hard disk recorder and use it in the old VCR style with videoplus or timer setups, but would have to make sure the sky box was on the acorrect channel at the correct time! This is obviously a rather crap way of having to do it, but as I said for Sky I think the only way of having full PVR functionality is to have SKy+ :thumbsdow

3. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    Have a look into dreambox ,they will work with a sky card and will give you what you want, there not cheap though.