1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pvr tv card?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by ShortBread, Dec 22, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ShortBread

ShortBread

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello! Ive found a decent forum at last :D

I have digital cable at the moment with 1mb broadband, which i love. However, i really like the idea of the sky+ box that sky are offering at the moment.

The thing is sky dont do broadband and digital like cable does, so im in a dilema. Then i thought of getting a pvr-tv card for my pc, and then hook my pc up to the tv downstairs.

Whats the best card for this? has any1 got 1 of these cards, and does it do the same as a sky+ box?

Cheers for ur advice.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    To get the best PVR you need to get a TiVo.

TiVo is the best and will outperform any PC based PVR. The problem is do you really want your PC on in the livingroom 24/7 with the fan noise etc. And then when you want to go on the internet or type a letter etc this can cause problems for the PVR. Also as a PC user you will also know how often it will need to be rebooted or just crash for no aparent reason - during the film you really want to watch at the weekend no doubt!

Have a look on ebay for TiVo. There is a seller on there selling brand new, tested TiVo's for £199 just about every week.

Mark.

3. jsmurray

jsmurray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you do intend to go the pc route, checkout the HCPC forum on this site.

The Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250 or 350 cards appear to have the best all round support (even MS MCE).