1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVR to PC copying?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by accused, Oct 20, 2004.

Tags:
  1. accused

accused

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I am seriously considering the purchase of one of these Freeview PVR and I am nearly settled on the Humax because of cost. The only thing staying my hand is the question of geting the programs from the PVR onto the PC.
    Is such a thing possible or am I living in a fantasy? How would one go about doing such a thing? If impossible with the Humax would a different PVR be up to the task?
    Many thanks for any assistance.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    Hi accused and welcome to the forum :hiya:

The PVR will output either RGB or composite (perhaps even S-Video, I don't know the specs). if you have the correct type of analogue capture device on the PC then any of these can be used to capture to the PC.
    If you don't already have a capture card in your PC then something like the Packard Bell TV-100 (I think that's the model number) from PC World for around £25 will capture from both composite & S-Video. AFAIK the only capture card that will work with RGB (the best quality of the 3) is the Sweetspot.

Mark.

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Ask on yahoo groups TwinRip

Rips programmes off the Pace Twin hard drive