PVR that can be programmed and monitored with tablet

tjpearson

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Hope this hasn't been asked before but is there anything out there that can have recordings set, monitored and edited with Android tablet.
It occurred to me that it would be so easy to access my PVR recordings library or set something recording from my tablet or phone so I don't interrupt other people watching TV.

May I stress I know sly + has this ability to some extent with some apps BUT I DO NOT WANT SLY PLUS, just a PVR that can work in conjunction with android hardware.

Thanks,
tj

I can access the Programme Guide and schedule recordings etc on my YouView box from my Android Phone. I would have thought that this feature would be available from most of the newer PVRs.

Graham.

Looked into this and it seems just what I'm looking for, didn't bother checking this when it first came out as thought similar to TopUp TV and bitten once by that awful product that I predicted would end up redundant.

This looks half decent and may be able to work with XMBC, nice one, thanks!

tj

Two spring to mind, and you can do it from any device that runs a web browser.

Both require the installation of free firmware extensions.

Humax Foxsat-HDR and HDR-FOX T2, both have proper PVR capabilities missing from the Youview box.

The Youview box does not support any streaming functions from your own files afaik. and no capability to export recordings in any way.

Now that really is what I'm looking for, just watched a YouTube video and ideal for me to set up a humax portal, very excited at the possibilities of the humax fox boxes.

I need to do some reading on this, thanks so much for the advice.

tj

Hiya Graham,
Can you also see your list of recordings as well.

tj

No, the features on the YouView box are quite basic, enough to schedule forgotten recordings when out and about, but little else.

The generic Humax boxes are a much better option as reflected above.

Graham.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom