1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVR stand alone unit on a budget?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by violence, Jun 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. violence

violence

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I got my new tv a few months back, and i have digital now.

What I wondered is can anyone recomend a budget PVR, i've seen a lot of PVR's that have freeview built in, but will this work with my existing box?, can i just connect them together?

I don't know a lot about them to be honest.
    Above all i'd like the PVR box to be seperate from my digi-box.

Any feedback would be great!

2. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    There are quite a few to chose from sub 200 pounds - however they all have their own quirks, which might not appeal to all users.

Sagem do a 40gb twin tuner model (from Argos) for 129 quid - it does have its limitations - but it is currently the cheapest with twin tuners - here's the link
    www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/s...atalogId=3151&productId=137800&clickfrom=name

Humax do 2 (a 40gb and 80gb model) ther 40gb is around 130 quid - but both only have 1 tuner - meaning you have to watch what you're recording - which is limited.

If you spend another 30-40 quid, then the chose gets better - Thomson do the dh4000 - 40gb/twin tuners - but with this, you can record 2 progs at the same time :clap:
    then there's the digifusion 100+150 (40gb/80gb).

My fav - is the Toppy - 160gb (88hrs of recording) 2 tuners and pc access - but this is just shy of 300 quid :oops: but well worth the money