Question pvr recomendation

allbluedave11

Novice Member
Reaction score
hey guys :) ok so im looking at down grading my current virgin media package and replacing the tv part of it with a freesat box but unsure of a decent pvr box. i was looking at a humax foxsat hdr500gb online. are these decent or can anyone recomend a good pvr. cheers guys :)

If you are after a freesat box the one to go for is the Humax 1000s/1010 with freetime.

Cheers Faust :). As long as it has the record/pause/ffd/rw feature it,s a option.whats the free time feature? If this model has the on demand features too that's another plus side. If not I can receive them on my now tv box :)

Freetime let's you scroll backwards in the EPG to select programmes you missed and streams them through catchup. Very nice feature, covers the big five broadcasters.

do you think the freetime feature will be included in software updates for the humax foxsat hdr500gb? ive got one lined up through a friend who is upgrading soon. :)

No, hardware is not compatible. The freetime boxes are second generation i.e. the latest.

cheers faust :) looks like im not going to get the free time feature then.im getting the box for a decent price so its to good to let go. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom