PVR into Bluetooth ??

transwest

Established Member
Reaction score
Humax T4000 PVR

Hi,

I’m getting a Bluetooth dongle for my PC.
It’s a usb device, so I was wondering, if adding this to my PVR will turn it into a Bluetooth item ?

Or any other usb equipped PVR.

Humax T4000 PVR

Hi,

I’m getting a Bluetooth dongle for my PC.
It’s a usb device, so I was wondering, if adding this to my PVR will turn it into a Bluetooth item ?

Or any other usb equipped PVR.

Only if it has built in driver. What exactly do you want to do with bluetooth and a pvr ?

cheers graham,
I don't suppose neither my TV (LG E55EC930V) nor the T4000 has a driver,,,, but what do I know (rhet).
I swallowed my pride and bought a soundbar (TaoTronics) which includes B.T.
This started me thinking about the dongle.

I thought i'd be able to play stuff on the TV/PVR from other - bluetooth - items.

cheers graham,
I don't suppose neither my TV (LG E55EC930V) nor the T4000 has a driver,,,, but what do I know (rhet).
I swallowed my pride and bought a soundbar (TaoTronics) which includes B.T.
This started me thinking about the dongle.

I thought i'd be able to play stuff on the TV/PVR from other - bluetooth - items.

Pvr's don't have video and audio inputs they can only record from the built in tuners. A few have DLNA capability. Those with a DLNA client can use content stored on your home network. Those with a DLNA server are able to let other devices view their recordings.

Digital Living Network Alliance - Wikipedia

eg

A pair of Humax HDR-FOX-T2 pvrs can remotely view all the recordings on the other box, as they have both DTCP Client and server. This allows the play back of encrypted HD recordings on another box (The decryption key is passed from the server box to the client).

Bluetooth is normally only used for audio, like an external speaker or headphones for a smartphone or tablet

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom