Pvr help, too much choice.

Beany31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a budget of £50 and don't know where to start or how to find a decent pvr.

I want a twin tuner one and I would like it to be reliable as well. Thanks

For that price you may need to consider reconditioned models

Any links on where I can get these and also which ones are worth it?

This "refurbished" one (I'm convinced they dont refurb them at all, but I've got one I've had since March 07 still going strong) from Aria will come out a bit above your budget (Aria are devils for slapping VAT on everything during checkout) but it's the nearest I can find and Aria will collect and refund if you don't get on with it or if it's faulty. Try eBay if you don't want to go for this one.

Digihome DTR80 80GB Freeview Plus TV Recorder - Aria Technology

Support forum here: Digihome - Digital Spy Forums

clemenzina

This "refurbished" one (I'm convinced they dont refurb them at all, but I've got one I've had since March 07 still going strong) from Aria will come out a bit above your budget (Aria are devils for slapping VAT on everything during checkout) but it's the nearest I can find and Aria will collect and refund if you don't get on with it or if it's faulty. Try eBay if you don't want to go for this one.

Digihome DTR80 80GB Freeview Plus TV Recorder - Aria Technology

Support forum here: Digihome - Digital Spy Forums

clemenzina
It would be worth checking with Aria if this one is a Vestel T825 with Series Record or the earlier T816 with Accurate Recording but no Series Link. Digihome used the DTR80 model number for both these versions.

Colin

I bouth the adsa duraband 18 months ago 80gb,i think they are onn now and they are the vestal boards,,however i did origonaly buy one with the number T825 on box and found it be very poor,the sries link was 'then' poor and the EPG went very slow with a lot of stuff in the timmer.

I took it back and found a T816 which has been the bogs danglers.

I'll look into digihome. Are Logik PVR's any good?

I think Logik PVRs are Vestel clones but you need to check the specific model, look for the T8** version number.

clemenzina

I think Logik PVRs are Vestel clones but you need to check the specific model, look for the T8** version number.

clemenzina
Yes most Logik(Currys) branded PVRs are Vestels but they did sell TVonics units under ther brand for a while about a year ago.

Colin

It's a good thing if it's Vestel, provided you don't get a glitchy one. I would go for that one if you can get it within budget.

The only thing is, I don't understand "No of Scarts 1 To enable you to connect to other equipment such as a DVD player, video or games console" - I'm sure it should/will have 2 SCART sockets.

PayPal will support you if you get a faulty one.

Just noticed (Firefox isn't displaying eBay well these days) it is "missing remote" - I happen to have this one on my Watch List (another £9 to take into account):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190328251838&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

clemenzina

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
It's a good thing if it's Vestel, provided you don't get a glitchy one. I would go for that one if you can get it within budget.

The only thing is, I don't understand "No of Scarts 1 To enable you to connect to other equipment such as a DVD player, video or games console" - I'm sure it should/will have 2 SCART sockets.

PayPal will support you if you get a faulty one.

Just noticed (Firefox isn't displaying eBay well these days) it is "missing remote" - I happen to have this one on my Watch List (another £9 to take into account):

Remote Control DIGIHOME PVR80 PVR160 PVR160TW DTR0207 on eBay (end time 12-Sep-09 09:03:18 BST)

clemenzina

There are a lot of other Logik pvrs of the same model, from a seller who I have bought from before. Do you think it will be a good buy? I think they're about £45 buy it now.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
You pays yer money and you takes yer chance ;) Vestels are (I should be blue in the face from saying this) the most user friendly PVRs on the market but they can be glitchy - but you are most unlikely to find anything better, or half as good, within your budget.

If you know a seller is reliable then go with him. BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET THE RIGHT MODEL NUMBER - I'm pretty sure the one in your original link does Series Record, a lot of sellers are not giving the full specs - one of them says "Google it" and the result is useless.

clemenzina

PS - Vestel clones include Sharp, Hitachi, Alba, Digihome, Wharfedale...

but you need to check the T8** numbers to know exactly what you're getting.

clemenzina

Thanks for your replies I;ll bare that in mind :thumbsup:

If you know a seller is reliable then go with him. BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET THE RIGHT MODEL NUMBER - I'm pretty sure the one in your original link does Series Record, a lot of sellers are not giving the full specs - one of them says "Google it" and the result is useless.

clemenzina
Yes, the Logik LPVR168 is a Vestel T825 so will have Series Record.

Colin

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom