PVR for Satellite TV

S

SonjaL

Hello

I know this is probably a very basic question, but here goes anyhow:

I'm looking for a PVR to record satellite TV (NOT Sky- freeview Italian channels, but this hasn't been set up yet). I am assuming this is possible on a PVR..... but would I require one with any particular features to enable this? OR is is better to get a receiver with a built in hard drive perhaps (expensive I think)?

Possibily thinking of getting a DVR with a hard drive because I want to save some stuff onto DVD. HOWEVER would it possible to save programmes by simply hooking up a PVR to my computer and doing it that way? (I say 'simply' but I've no idea...).

So basically, I guess I would like to know what's better- a satellite receiver with a hard drive, and a separate dvd recorder OR a cheap satellite receiver and PVR, possibly with a DVR.

And any suggestions about a good model (simple to use and not hugely expensive?) would be great.

Any advice very gratefully received
Thank you!

SamRadford

Just for clarification I should point out that the UK terrestrial Freeview system does not carry Italian programmes. You probably mean "Free To Air" (FTA) satellite.

You can buy a FTA satellite TV receiver with built-in Hard Drive.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom