• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PVR for satellite tv

S

SonjaL

Hello

I know this is probably a very basic question, but here goes anyhow:

I'm looking for a PVR to record satellite TV (NOT Sky- freeview Italian channels, but this hasn't been set up yet). I am assuming this is possible on a PVR..... but would I require one with any particular features to enable this? OR is is better to get a receiver with a built in hard drive perhaps (expensive I think)?

Possibily thinking of getting a DVR with a hard drive because I want to save some stuff onto DVD. HOWEVER would it possible to save programmes by simply hooking up a PVR to my computer and doing it that way? (I say 'simply' but I've no idea...).

So basically, I guess I would like to know what's better- a satellite receiver with a hard drive, and a separate dvd recorder OR a cheap satellite receiver and PVR, possibly with a DVR.

And any suggestions about a good model (simple to use and not hugely expensive?) would be great.

Any advice very gratefully received
Thank you! :smashin:

Richard46

Hi & Welcome

I cannot help much unfortunately. The "PVRs" dealt with on this forum are mainly Freeview ones which do not work with satelite. Might be worth posting on the Satellite Forum.

Richard

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom