• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PVR/DVD Recorder for Sky Digibox?

np1664

Standard Member
Hi, My VCR has finally died and I would like to replace it with a HDD PVR/DVD recorder. I would like to connect & record from a Sky digibox (non-subscription) and would like to use the excellent functions of Pause, chase TV & EPG advanced recording, instead of the usual record the channel which is on at the time, as a VCR would do.

Can anyone suggest a sub £200 PVR/DVD Recorder (twin tuner, if in price range) which will give me all the PVR functionality with my Sky free-sat set up?

I have spent quite a lot of time reading this and other forums and have picked up a number of threads which have moved my knowledge on (eg Guide+ and IR links to set top boxes may be needed) but have not been able to put everything together to confirm that I can do exactly what I want and if so with which Recorder.

I cannot go for a PVR with freeview and do not want to subscribe to SKY+. Also not to keen to go the Tivo route

Any advice in this matter would be much appreciated. Many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom