1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVR + DVD Player OR DVD recorder with Tuner

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nish75, Oct 7, 2005.

1. nish75

nish75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

This is my first post, so apology if my question sounds stupid.

1. Which option is better?
    Option A: PVR (say, Humax) + seperate DVD player
    OR
    Option B: DVD recorder with integrated digital tuner (say, sony RDR-HXD710).
    OR
    Option C: Digital box (without hard disk) + DVD recorder with hard disk but without tuner

Option A has the advantage of twin tuner (record and play at the same time).
    Option B has the advantage of less boxes and remote control.

2. Is it possible to connect Sky and/or NTL with option B?

Please help.
    Thanks in anticipation.

Nishal

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    All DVD recorders have a tuner - the majority analogue tuners or the new Panasonics with integrated digital & analogue tuners (useful if one system is temporarily lost). The new Sony's just have a digital tuner (no analogue).

Personally I use a combination of several systems. Upstairs I have the Topfield PVR connected to a Panasonic ES20D.

Below have the Digifusion FVRT 150 which can be switched to either Panasonic E85H or JVC DRM10 plus a couple of Freeview STB's
    I can switch to either dvd recorder or VCR or TV. The possibilities are endless. I do not have NTL cable or Sky (too expensive).

Just go with what you find best. Everyone has their own idea of what setup they need.
    Peruse the forum and select what you think may be best for you.